The purpose of the Society of Southwestern Entomologists is to publish a refereed journal, the Southwestern Entomologist. This is a regional publication covering entomological research in the Southwestern United States and Mexico. Studies conducted in other regions will be considered if the results are geographically applicable.
JOURNAL PUBLICATION GUIDELINES
Manuscript guidelines and submission instructions can be found here and in the annual September issue of Southwestern Entomologist.
Hardcopies of published articles are available for Authors, and Authors and Members in Good Standing may access free online PDF copies of their published articles.
Members meet annually in conjunction with the Southwestern Branch of the Entomological Society of America (ESA). Details regarding meeting dates and location, as well as deadlines for submission of symposium, oral and display presentations can be found here.
Member dues are $20 per calendar year. Benefits of current membership in the Society include:
1) hardcopy of the journal, Southwestern Entomologist;
2) online access to free PDF copies of published articles;
3) a reduction in registration rates at the annual joint meeting of the Society and the Southwestern Branch of the ESA;
4) a reduction in page charges for publishing articles; and,
5) for undergraduate students, eligibility to compete for the Undergraduate Student Achievement in Entomology Award (co-sponsored with the Southwestern Branch of the ESA).
For additional information regarding the Society, please see the Membership Brochure, or the Membership Application to join the Society.